Halloween can be really scary… for parents! It seems like every year it starts earlier and earlier.
Here are some great Halloween craft ideas to keep your kids occupied from the Camp Sagemont Craft Corner…
Hanging Bat Craft for Kids – Materials for Bat Craft
- Cardboard tube (We used an empty toilet paper roll.)
- Black Tempera paint and paintbrush
- Black Construction paper
- Black pipe cleaners
- Single hole punch
- Marker (We used black and silver Sharpies.)
How to Make the Bat Craft
- Paint your cardboard tube black.
- While the cardboard tube is drying, draw some bat wings onto construction paper and cut them out.
- Glue the wings onto the back of the cardboard tube.
- Cut out some little triangles from your construction paper to make ears. Glue these onto the bat, along with some googly eyes. Use a marker to draw a mouth.
- Punch two holes in the bottom of your cardboard tube. This is where the legs will go.
- To make the feet, snip off the last inch of each leg. Wrap the one-inch piece of pipe cleaner around the bottom of each leg. Fold the middle part of the foot to make a hook for hanging.
- Hang you bat up for fall or Halloween!