Camp Sagemont provides a fun, safe, family environment, where relationships are built and encouraged between our staff and campers resulting in a one of a kind camp experience. Camp Sagemont has something for every camper, starting at 3 years old with our Traditional Day Camp. Camp Sagemont also hosts a variety of specialty camps for older kids.
Here is a project we recently did at our Craft Corner with some of the older kids and teens.
Duct Tape projects are hot with kids and teens. This duct tape bookmark allows personalized sculpting therefore, it’s not your typical duct tape project!
- Craft Foam
- Shurtape AF 912 aluminum duct tape(You can find this tape at a Lowe’s or other home improvement store in the heating and air conditioning section. It costs about $7.00 for 120 yards. It is not Duct tape.)
- Cardboard and utensils to engrave the tape such as a ballpoint pen, the end of a paintbrush, and the tines of a fork.
- Cut a five-inch length of the duct tape and place it on the craft foam sheet. The soft surface of the foam will make it easier to engrave the tape.
- Write your name down the length of the tape with a ball point pen or other blunt object, and add some fun shapes around the name.
- To make the design outline each of the shapes many times until they connect and overlap.
- You can add color by using dry erase markers and permanent markers.
- When you are finished with your design remove the tape backing and stick it to a piece of cardboard cut to the same size or a little smaller.
We are located at: Camp Sagemont 1570 Sagemont Way Weston, FL 33326